- My art and music are very closely related in that with both, I strive to create not the exactness of
- nature or notes, but a mood.
- Despite all of nature's beauty, a delicate flower, a drop of water on a leaf after the rain, it is not a perfect image I try to paint, butan inner feeling - abstract, yet real. To look for something that isn't there, yet creating an image in your mind.
- My paintings are about colours, textures, always nature - sea, land or sky. Always abstract. My inner experience,not to be felt for that is mine, but to paint it into an image for you to experience in your own way.
- My collages are paintings, cut be hand, each new miniature revealing one small image of nature, reassembled to create anew abstract scene. Often, a different medium is added.
- Bronze, silver, gold, precious stones, sea shells,a diamond, whatever my mind sees to enhance
- the scene giving life and energy.
- "Abstracts have imagination. Imagination has life.
- Life has colours. Colours have energy. Energy has emotions.
- Emotions are what make us human." S.L.
- Susan has a B.F.A. from Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec currently living in Guelph.
- She is also a professional flautist, teacher, artist and was curator of Art-In-Guelph Gallery until 2003.
- Her memories of travels throughout Canada, United States, parts of Europe and Asia mark the varied moods and feelings in her art.
- Her paintings are found in private collections throughout Canada and abroad.